The jury is happy to announce the nominees for both prizes.
For the BA thesis prize, the jury nominates the following theses:
- Hana Elramly. “The Effects of Cultural Imperialism on the Representation of Taboo Subjects Among North African Youth”.
- Renske Hollants. “Male perception of CEDAW implementation: Palestinian civilian aversion in the settler colonial context. A virtual ethnographic approach to the Facebook page Al-ḥirāk al-jamāhīrī li-isqāṭ CEDAW”.
- Annemarie van der Grift. “Code-switching tussen Egyptisch en Engels door Egyptische Youtubers”.
For the MA thesis prize, the jury nominates the following theses:
- Kerttu Åvall. “A special touch in the Arab world when it comes to women. Postcolonial logics in EU gender equality discourses on Lebanon”
- Eleri Connick. “Blurring the Distance. A Study of Revealed Emotions of the British Libyan Diaspora”.
- Asma Balfaqih. “Power in Settler-Colonial Terms: Tracing the Constructed Legal Frontiers of Palestinian Identity in Israel”.
The winners will be announced on 2 December 2021 during the ACMES thesis workshop (5 PM).