The Amsterdam Centre for Middle Eastern Studies Amsterdam yearly awards two prizes for the best BA thesis and the best MA thesis in Middle Eastern Studies for work completed at the University of Amsterdam during the preceding academic year.
For information about this year's awards' ceremony on 7 December, see here.
The prizes consist of € 150 in book vouchers for the BA winner and € 250 in book vouchers plus a publication of an article based on the winning thesis in ZemZem for the MA winner.
- Applicants must have been registered (full or part-time) students at the UvA during the academic year preceding the year in which the award is presented;
- Submissions should focus on the Middle East;
- Submissions can be made in either English or Dutch;
- The thesis must have been successfully submitted in the preceding academic year;
- The thesis should have received a grade of 8 or more.
The ACMES Steering Board will appoint a jury that selects the best MA and BA thesis. The jury will be selected based on the fields in which the theses have been written. The Prizes are formally awarded at the Centre’s annual December thesis award meeting.
Each year's submission guidlines and deadline (usually in October) will be posted on this site at the end of the second semester.
For this year's information, see below.