drs. M.L. (Mikki) Stelder
Faculty of Humanities
1012 VB Amsterdam
- Feminist Studies
- Critical Race and Ethnic Studies
- Queer Theory
- Postcolonial Theory
- Settler Colonial Studies
- Middle East Studies
Mikki Stelder is a PhD Fellow at the Amsterdam School for Cultural Analysis under supervision of Prof. dr. Mireille Rosello. She is affiliated with the Department of Literary and Cultural Analysis. Her research is concerned with the role of sexual politics in contemporary (settler) colonial, capitalist, and imperial regimes, and their encounter with queer projects for transformative justice. Besides her research, she enjoys teaching Gender and Postcolonial Critique in the BFA of Choreography at the School for New Dance Development.
Education and Training
2017 (expected) PhD - Amsterdam School for Cultural Analysis
2011 MA, Cultural Analysis (cum laude)
2009 MA, Theater Studies (cum laude)
Winter Semester 2016 - Lecturer - Seven Masterpieces (BA Elective Humanities, University of Amsterdam)
Winter Semester 2015-2016 - Lecturer - Thinking Through Gender (BFA Choreography together with Erika Doucette, Amsterdam School of Arts)
Winter Semester 2013-2014 - Lecturer - Gender and Performance Theory (BFA Choreography, Amsterdam School of Arts)
- Stelder, M. L. (2017). "From the closet into the Knesset:" Zionist Sexual Politics and the Formation of Settler Subjectivity. Settler Colonial Studies. DOI: 10.1080/2201473X.2017.1361885
- Maikey, H., & Stelder, M. (2015). Dismantling the Pink Door in the Apartheid Wall: Towards a Decolonized Palestinian Queer Politics. In A. Tellis, & S. Bala (Eds.), The Global Trajectories of Queerness: Re-thinking Same-Sex Politics in the Global South (pp. 83-103). (Thamyris intersecting: place, sex, and race; No. 30). Leiden: Brill Rodopi. [details]
- Stelder, M. L. (Author). (2016). Israël: Nu eens zonder roze bril. Web publication/site, OneWorld: OneWorld.
- Stelder, M. L. (Author), & Kumsieh, R. (Author). (2016). Tel Aviv Gay Pride: Not a cause for celebration. Web publication/site, Mondoweiss: Mondoweiss.
- Stelder, M. L. (2018). Queering the occupation: From zionist sexual politics to Palestinian decolonial-queer imaginaries [details]